This site requires Cookies enabled in your browser for login.
. . .
FIShNET: Fish & IndigenouS NorthErn healTh: Healthy Water, Healthy Fish, Healthy People
Section 1: Project Information
University of Waterloo
firstname.lastname@example.org 705 268 3594 ext 226
email@example.com 519-888-4567 ext 32720
Classification (e.g., "GWF Pillar 3", "CCRN", etc.)
FIShNET collaborates with the Northern Water Futures (NWF) project.
In partnership with Indigenous communities in other northern regions in Canada, the FIShNET team evaluates:
1) health concerns and risk perceptions among community members;
2) environmental determinants of mercury and nutrients in wild-harvested fish;
3) balance between contaminant risks and nutrient benefits in traditional foods;
4) links between contaminant levels in the environment, human behavior patterns, and human exposure; and
5) access to traditional food and the impact on food security.
FIShNET also generates complementary information for Fort Albany First Nation and Mushkegowuk Council
Position, Institution, and Contact Information
Current Status of this Project
◉ In Progress
T-2021-04-11-61G0zf9yc61Eq5h5R61SHGj5Q Project 1.2